THEN WHY NOT CONSIDER SHARING ONE OF OURS?
1. Unless participating in a lesson, sharers are responsible for their own health and safety. Yard staff are not responsible for the supervision, health and safety of sharers outside of lessons.
2. No child under the age of 13 may be left at Asti Equestrian or allowed to catch a horse or pony without parental or adult supervision.
3. No smoking is allowed anywhere on our premises.
4. Always ensure the yard has up-to-date information of:
a. Your telephone number.
b. Your home address but primary and emergency number for use in case of an
accident/emergency to yourself.
5. If hacking out on your own always inform an adult of your general route and approximate time of return.
6. If catching horses/ponies form fields off immediate site always inform an adult.
7. When using jump paddock or other fields i.e. cross country fences always check first that there are no horses grazing. If there are, ask a member of staff to help move them.
8. Report any damage to jumps (show jumps or cross country jumps) to yard staff.
9. Report any sickness or injury of the horse/pony to yard staff immediately.
10. Remember that all paddock fences at Asti Equestrian have electric wire along the top rail – do not touch.
11. Make sure you are aware of Fire Precautions on the yard. Please take time to read the Fire Drill and note you may be asked to attend a practise Fire Drill.
12. Be aware of the First Aid Posts: a. Tuition Booking Office b. American Barn Office All staff have received First Aid training.
13. Never approach a horse or pony that does no belong to you or that you do not have on share.
14. Always follow any health/safety guidelines issued from the yard.
15. Sharers who allow other adults or children to ride the horse/pony on share should carry out their own risk assessment but please be aware that any damage/disturbance caused by such use will be your responsibility.
16. Any tack and/or equipment left at the yard should be kept in the tack room.
17. If you sustain an injury whilst at the yard please fill out the accident book.
18. The horsewalker may only be used by persons 16 years or over who have received instruction as to its use from Mr Robert Rowland.
19. Hard hats to current safety standards must be worn when riding horses and ponies on the yard premises.
20. Hard hats to current safety standards must be worn when lunging horses and ponies on the yard premises. We also strongly recommend wearing a hard hat to catch or turnout horses and ponies.
21. Body protectors must be worn when jumping.
The yard and its staff will not be held responsible for any loss or injury.