THEN WHY NOT CONSIDER SHARING ONE OF OURS?
1. Unless participating in a lesson, sharers are responsible for their own health and safety. Yard staff are not responsible for the supervision, health and safety of sharers outside of lessons.
2. No child under the age of 13 may be left at Asti Equestrian unattended. Any child age 17 or under when catching a horse or pony must have parental or adult supervision.
3. No smoking is allowed anywhere on our premises.
4. Always ensure the yard has up-to-date information of:
a. Your telephone number.
b. Your home address
c. Primary and emergency number for use in case of an accident/emergency to yourself.
5. If you are age 17 and over, hacking out on your own always inform an adult of your general route and approximate time of return. Always wear hi-viz clothing (available in tackroom).
6. If age 16 and over, when catching horses/ponies from fields off immediate site always inform an adult. If under 16 years of age, you must have a responsible adult with you.
7. When using the jump paddock or other fields always check first that there are no horses grazing.
8. Report any damage i.e. show jumps, fencing etc. to yard staff.
9. Report any sickness or injury of the horse/pony to yard staff immediately.
10. Remember that all paddock fences at Asti Equestrian have electric wire along the top rail – do not touch.
11. Make sure you are aware of Fire Precautions on the yard. Please take time to read the Fire Drill and note you may be asked to attend a practise Fire Drill. (Please see Health & Safety file).
12. Be aware the First Aid Post is located in the tuition office. All staff have received First Aid training.
13. Never approach a horse or pony that does not belong to you or that you do not have on share.
14. Always follow any health/safety guidelines issued from the yard. (see Health & Safety File).
15. Sharers who allow other adults or children to ride the horse/pony on share should carry out their own risk assessment but please be aware that any damage/disturbance caused by such use will be your responsibility.
16. Asti’s tack and/or equipment must be returned to the tack room.
17. If you sustain an injury whilst at the yard please fill out the accident book.
18. The horsewalker is NOT for sharers use.
19. Hard hats that conform to current safety standards must be worn when riding horses and ponies on the yard premises.
20. Hard hats that conform to current safety standards must be worn when lunging horses and ponies on the yard premises.
21. Anyone aged 17 years and under MUST wear a hard hat that conforms to current safety standards when catching and turning out horses and ponies. We also strongly recommend 17 years and over wear a hard hat that conforms to current safety standards when catching and turnout horses and ponies.
22. Body protectors must be worn when jumping.
23. Please be aware we here at Asti Equestrian are a ‘working farm’ so please be vigilant of farm machinery.
24. Sharers are not permitted in any of the farm storage areas.
25. Please respect other clients/liveries and staff at all times. (Please see Health & Safety File – Code of Conduct)
26. Please respect all our yard and family pets, they live here and are part of our team.
The yard and its staff will not be held responsible for any injury or items lost.
Please note the Health & Safety File is located in the Tuition Office.